So here it is a 1.5 years since we've had Mr. Man and Ms. Know It All on our team and they have completely taken over. Yes the rookies have become the "masters".
It started at the beginning of the year when the promotions rolled around. Mr. Man got promoted and the "natural" shift was for Ms. Know it All to take his place. Has it been a good thing - hmmmmmmmm! What made things worse was the award Mr. Man received for his outstanding work last year (but let's do the math folks - let's say in 2006 the company made $80K, but 2007 the company only made $50K. So in 2008, when the economy was great, our prices went up, and we added and heavily promoted new products, the company made $70K. You be the judge - good leadership or right place at the right time). Well after that award - true colors started shining through. What's the expression - you should never let your guard down! Unfortunately that's what we all did and it came back for us.
I've never known a level of passive aggressive behavior like I've seen here. It seems that no matter how much you take the blame you needed to take more, or no matter how much you helped out you needed to help more, or no matter how well you did your job you still don't do it good enough. Yet - he's (yes I'm talking about Mr. Man) seems to always be the good guy because he stayed so hands off. This is the first time I can honestly say I've had a leader who did not lead because they were to scared to get their hands dirty. But last I checked - isn't that the responsibility of a boss! Isn't your job to lead the best way possible and be willing to take the heat when needed becuase it was a decision you made. Why do you leave things up to us to do then penalize us when our choice turned out to be wrong - ummm dude, I came to you for guidance and you told me to figure it out.
It seems that no matter what we do we don't measure up, but because the economy is what it is no one wants to leave, or they've gotten complacent. Sad place to be right now but we should all be happy that we have a job - RIGHT???????
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment